Thursday, July 29, 2010

BBB - Bald! Bands! Breasts!

About 4 years ago when I arrived home from Australia my brother approached me with an idea. He wanted to host a massive party in the back yard with bands. Our barn had fallen over the year before and he wanted to have a massive fire in the foundation of the barn. I'd had some experience hosting large parties in the past so I offered him some advice. We charged everyone $10 to get in and the event was a massive success. Especially for my brother's pockets. As the years went on, we kept having the BBB (Barn Burning Bash). After the 3rd year, however, we decided to call it quits. Then, my mom passed away. We decided to have another party, in her honour, and give all the proceeds to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. We renamed the event the BBB Bald! Bands! Breasts! and got people to raise money to shave their heads (my brother and myself included) and had other competitions throughout the day. The BBB4 raised about $8300 for breast cancer awareness/research and the BBB5 (this year) is looking to have raised about $9100. These pictures are from the last 4 years events (BBB2-5)



From BBB 3









BBB5


the lighting of the "barn" with roman candles

 

the "barn"


mike masse, whom I met in Italy (he's from Stratford)


BBB5
even dad got in on the shaving this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment