Wednesday, September 22, 2010

France - Le Tour d'Eiffel

I only had a short short time while I was in France to see the main sights. One of the main things I wanted to do was see the Eiffel tower - something that can be enjoyed without spending a tonne of money and doesn't require a line up (only partly true-both money and a LOT of time are needed if you desire going UP the tower). I walked from my hostel to the tower and proceed to take a LOT of pictures. And then, before I left the next day, returned to the tower to take pictures at night. Every hour, on the hour for 10 minutes, the tower lights up with 1000s of little blue LED lights - the whole thing twinkles and it's beautiful. I managed to get there in time to see the event at midnight and joined the massive amount of people laying on the grass enjoying the view before heading back to the hostel to get some much needed sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment